Lolz

Lolz
What... The... Fuck...

Saturday 2 June 2012

What have I been up to?

 Not like anyone cares... I figured it's been a while since I've updated this thing so why not.

 It seems like I've been pretty quiet musically lately, but the truth is, I've been busy.


 First thing I've been doing is working on a "secret project" with one of my favorite MC's. I really feel like the feel of this record and the beats I crafted are going to make people look at what we do in a different light entirely. It's such a huge departure from what this MC usually does and the beats are really different from anything I've ever done before. This project is going to make a lot of noise based on the fact that it's so different. Be on the lookout for it. I'll have more info when I finish the last beat and I'm allowed to talk about it.

 Q-Unique is releasing a mixtape. I don't know when, but I'm a part of it. It's an honor to work with Q. He's a legend to me. The Arsonists were such an integral part of my life in their day. I've been wanting to work with Q forever and we've talked about doing shit together, but it never happened. Now it has. I'm definitely proud to be a part of this.

 Da Circle. I can't say enough about these guys. They really like almost everything I send them lol. They're huge supporters of what I do. We have some ridiculous amount of joints done. 14 or something like that. Last time I linked up with them I had me external HD with me and they took another 20 beats. Needless to say, I'll be putting a ton of work in with them.

 After years of talking about getting something done, I placed a beat with Ill Bill. I still have no idea what he's using it for, but when he emailed me back 5 minutes after sending it to him, he told me to track it out immediately. Props to Bill. Long time coming. I sent him something else and I spoke to Paz about it.. it looks like it might make the next HMK record. I'm not sure if it's set in stone, but the beat is retarded and I really hope it makes the cut when they choose beats for that record. It would be tremendous to me to get on that. 

 Diabolic's "Fightin' Words". In case you guys didn't know, I do in house production for War Horse Records. So far Bolic's taken 5 or 6 beats for the record. Hard to believe that 6 years ago this guy was pissing off of my terrace on my 30th Birthday and now he's working on his sophomore album and I'm a huge part of it. It's going to be dope for sure.

 Outerspace's "Lost In Space". I think I have 2 joints on there. I've heard them both and they're phenomenal. Crypt and Plan are like family to me. I love everything we make together. Also I have a joint going on Plan's "Camouflage Everything" mixtape. Big shouts to Crypt and Plan for keeping me busy and showing me mad love.

 Nature. DCMhiphop.com. Mickey and Josh are great dudes. I'm also currently doing in house production for them as well. They're working hard on Nature's record. I placed a joint on there. It's dope as fuck. Doing a track with Nature is crazy to me. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the record in its entirety. 

 Demigodz. Yeah, I got a joint going on the new DGZ record. HYPED for that. The beat is crazy and I don't even have to question if they killed it. I know they did.

 King Syze. We're going to start working on the follow up to "Collective Bargaining" shortly. That album was crazy. 17 tracks, 0 skits, $10. I know it was highly slept on due to the lack of any real promotion, but it's still out there and you should still cop it.

Digital:  Collective Bargaining on iTunes

There's Physicals available but it looks like Syze's site is down. Anyway, the follow up to this record should be just as good, if not better than the first. We really reached out to a lot of people to get it poppin'. Expect the same format. A bunch of features and tons of bangers. Syze is family and working with him is great.

 I've also been setting aside beats for my producer album. It'll probably have the usual suspects on it plus some others. I have about 8 beats set aside for it so far. I'm trying to make it a really cohesive thing rather than just "let me send out 1,000 beats to 1,000 different MC's and throw it all together". I want it to have a certain feel and I'm accomplishing that. It's a logistical nightmare and I don't really see it coming out anytime soon. It's in the crawling stages. However, if it works out the way I want it to, it should be pretty dope. That's about it.

Hope y'all are doing well out there in intarwebz land.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment